|Phone:||0435 262 015|
I'm a proud unionist. I've been marching with my Dad and the Communication Workers Union on Labour Day since I was a child, and I now march with the United Workers Union who represents some of the lowest paid workers in this country, including teacher's aides just like my Mum.
As a Branch Member Representative on the Policy Coordination Council, I worked to deliver:
• Criminalising Wage Theft
• Banning Gay Conversion Therapy
• Fee-Free TAFE
2020 has been a tough year for Queenslanders and the entire world. Now the Federal Government is planning on weakening working conditions and lowering pay. Now the moment is here for us to do what is not only right but necessary, to not accept the unequal status quo. Now is our time to fight for working and everyday Australians so their lives are better.
I will fight to:
• Raise the rate of Newstart (which is set to return after JobSeeker ends) by $95 per week
• Support 12% Universal Superannuation Rate
• Reinstate the Commonwealth Employment Service to end corporations making profits by placing people in insecure work. Labor Governments should directly support workers into work.
Please contact me on 0435 262 015 or [email protected]
|Phone:||0429 724 098|
I have lived in regional Queensland all my life and I’ve grown up on cane farmers and cattle stations. For the last 15 years, I have worked in coal mining and I’m now a project manager in coal mining maintenance.
I know how important secure jobs with good pay is to the survival of our communities.
Last year I took up the challenge to One Nation in Mirani because I wanted to stand up and fight for Labor values. I believe Labor is always stronger when our policy agenda is determined by more regional voices not entirely from the inner-city.
I will fight to:
· End long-term casualisation, it’s time for big multinationals and national companies to stop eroding our local jobs, security and conditions.
· Support regional manufacturing
· Target regional disadvantage in health and education.
I believe that we can do better for regional Queensland and that’s why my wife Anita and I are choosing to raise our three beautiful kids here. I will fight to ensure that regional kids have every resource and opportunity that they deserve.
If you would like to have a chat contact me on 0429 724 098 or email me on [email protected]
|Phone:||0411 801 122|
My grandparents came to Queensland in the aftermath of the Korean War, my grandfather finding work as a truck driver before running a family fruit shop.
Like many children of migrants and working people, my family taught me hard work and always valued education. Through their effort and sacrifice they gave my brother and me the opportunity to graduate from university.
Through my work with Duncan Pegg MP, I’ve seen firsthand how right-wing parties, including One Nation, the LNP and Clive Palmer spread their lies and particularly exploit people from multicultural backgrounds. We know only Labor truly embraces diversity and together we can work together to create a better future for us all.
The COVID-19 pandemic has exposed how everyday workers are the backbone of our economy. That’s why I’m fighting for:
• Extending the Jobs Guarantee backed by 100% wage subsidy
• Fairer Hiring Policies to remove systemic bias and improve productivity
• Reinstate the Commonwealth Employment Service
I’m happy for branch members to contact me on 0411801122 or [email protected]